There is no exact answer, but a composite picture was developed by the Business Espionage Controls and Countermeasures Association...
• 21-35 years old. Female as often as male.
• College graduate with a low-value degree.
• Broad, short-term employment background.
• Money problems - low pay, poor self management.
• Military intelligence experience.
• Acquaintances with law enforcement backgrounds.
• Considered an outsider or loner.
• Disability precluding a law enforcement career.
• No police record prohibiting sensitive employment.
• Has driver's license, possibly a poor driving record.
• Romantic hobby / interest.
...writer, photographer, sky diver, scuba, etc.
• Collects underground & paramilitary literature.
• An active interest in firearms, often with training.
• Recruited from a want ad for Investigative Trainee.
• Often just a drone of a professional handler.
• Abilities in music, chess, math, etc.
...skills associated with code breaking and espionage.
Keep this list in mind, but remember...
Your snoop could be anybody.
Contact us for assistance.
Murray Associates - 908-832-7900