Spy News from New York
Kevin's Security Scrapbook
For federal procurement purposes, U.S. Government regulations classify Murray Associates Counterespionage as a Small Business, Professional Consulting Firm.
Eavesdropping Detection and Counterespionage Consulting enquiries are invited from corporate, government and professional security entities.
• National Security Agency (NSA ARC)
• DoD - CCR
• Exostar SourcePass
• Jones Lang LaSalle
Spybusters, LLC dba
PO Box 668
Oldwick, NJ 08858 (USA)
©1996-2013, Spybusters, LLC (120115)
"Eavesdroppers, snoops and spies don't want you to trust your instincts. And...
they really don't want you talking to us."
Kevin D. Murray
Board and Ethics Committee Member
International Association of Professional Security Consultants
CISM - Certified Information Security Manager
CPP - Certified Protection Professional
CFE - Certified Fraud Examiner
MPSC - Mobile Phone Seizure Certification
â€˘ Professional certifications are not permanently awarded.
â€˘ They lapse after 2-3 years and must be renewed.
â€˘ Re-certification requires proof of continuing education,
Â Â professional achievements and active participation in the field.
â€˘Â Our certifications are current.
â€˘ Information Systems Audit & Control Asso. (ISACA / CISM)
â€˘ American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS / CPP)
â€˘ High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
â€˘ Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE / CFE)
â€˘ InfraGard (A partnership of the FBI and the private sector.)
â€˘ Espionage Research Institute International (ERII)
â€˘ International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
BS (Criminal Justice, magna cum laude)
Reasons to Trust Murray Associates
William Patterson University, Wayne, NJ
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, NY
Course author & instructor:
Electronic Eavesdropping & Business Espionage Countermeasures
1. We try harder than anyone to solve your concerns.
2. You are assisted by real people, with verifiable credentials.
3. We conduct your TSCM inspection, not a some subcontractor.
4. Your confidentiality is assured.
5. You will receive a written estimate with competitive pricing.
6. We are licensed and fully insured.
7. Read our client's comments. They love us.
8. We can provide meaningful references.
9. We are a full-time corporate counterespionage TSCM team.
10. All our technicial investigators have 13 or more years tenure.
11. Our professional certifications: CPP, CISM, CFE & MPSC
12. Our government-level TSCM instrumentation.
13. Instrumentation is not â€śborrowed from the day jobâ€ť or rented.
14. Our TSCM instrumentation is the latest. (No eBay or surplus gear.)
15. Our "detection without destruction" methodology.
16. We are not affiliated with any products or manufacturers.
17. We recommend, but do not sell, security solutions. Trust.
18. We have no financial connection with security suppliers
19. Our recommendations have your best interest in mind.
20. Multi-national TSCM inspection experience.
21. Multi-national TSCM program management experience.
22. In-house development of unique TSCM instrumentation.
23. In-house development of unique TSCM methodologies.
24. One company, one speciality, 4 decades. Experience.
25. Published â€“ Counter-surveillance chapters for 8+ textbooks.
26. Published â€“ "Is My Cell Phone Bugged?", book.
27. Created â€“ Android cell phone security app - SpyWarn
28. University teaching experience; multiple TSCM seminars.
29. Verification of 'finds' via polygraph testing upon request.
30. Qualified to consult with you on general security matters.
31. Court testimony and deposition experience.
32. Created TSCM innovations, now industry standards.
33. Over 375 Fortune 1000 companies have used our services.
34. Over 800 other companies have used our services.
35. Over 3960 TSCM inspections successfully completed.
36. A majority of our client relationships span 5-35 years.
37. Top news organizations seek our advice and opinions.
38. 97% U.S.A. made instrumentation and technology.
39. Our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Referenced & Quoted by:
Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, USA Today, NPR, International Security News, Corporate Security, Security Management, Congressional Quarterly, Security Letter, Time, American Public Radio, Boardroom Reports, The Washington Post, Business Finance, and several Internet security sites.
Technical Advisors to:
HBO, George Clooney, Steven Soderbergh, NYT/Discovery Channel, ABC News 20/20, FOX News, CNN, CBS News, NBC Dateline, Orion Pictures... and others.
Arrington, Winston. Now Hear This! Electronic Eavesdropping Equipment Designs. Chicago, IL: Sheffield Electronics Co., 1997. Electronic Countermeasures sections. (ISBN B0012K8WKW)
Bottom, N. R., and R. R. J. Gallati. Industrial Espionage: Intelligence Techniques & Countermeasures. Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann Ltd., 1984. Electronic Counterintelligence section. (ISBN 0409951080)
Guindon, Kathleen M. A.M. Bestâ€™s Safety & Security Directory. Oldwick, NJ: A.M. Best & Co., 2001. Chapter 15, â€śSpy vs. Spy: Everything You Need To Know About Corporate Counterespionage.â€ť (LoC Catalog Card Number 74-618599, ISBN B000VU9PI2)
Johnson, William M. 101 Questions & Answers About Business Espionage. N.p., Shoreline, Washington: The Questor Group, 2003. Questions and Answers section. (ISBN 1591096227)
Krieger, Gary R. Accident Prevention Manual: Security Management. N.p., Itasca, Illinois: National Safety Council, 1997. Chapter 20, â€śCommunications Security.â€ť (ISBN 087912198X)
Lee, Edward L. II. Staying Safe Abroad: Traveling, Working & Living in a Post-9/11 World. Williamsburg, MI: Sleeping Bear Risk Solutions LLC, 2008. Eavesdropping Detection section. (ISBN 0981560504)
Mars-Proietti, Laura. The Grey House Safety & Security Directory. Amenia, NY: Grey House Publishing, 2004. Chapter 16, â€śEavesdropping Detection.â€ť (ISBN 1592370675)
Montgomery, Reginald J., and William J. Majeski, eds. Corporate Investigation - First and Second Editions. Tucson, AZ: Lawyers & Judges Publishing, 2001 & 2005. Chapter 5, Electronic Eavesdropping & Corporate Counterespionage. (ISBN 0913875635)
Murray, Kevin D. Is My Cell Phone Bugged? Everything you need to know to keep your mobile communications private. Austin, TX: Emerald Book Company, 2011 (ISBN: 978-1-934572-88-7)
Murray, Kevin D. Business Spies . . . and the Top 10 Spybusting Tips They Donâ€™t Want You to Know! Oldwick, NJ: Spybusters, LLC, 2010. (ISBN B003VYCDRK)
Murray, Kevin D. Electronic Eavesdropping & Industrial Espionage: The Missing Business School Courses. Oldwick, NJ: Spybusters, LLC, 1992â€“2010.
Reid, Robert N. Facility Managerâ€™s Guide To Security: Protecting
Your Assets. Lilburn, GA: Fairmont Press, 2005. Chapter 12. (ISBN 0881734799)
Rothfeder, Jeffrey. Privacy for Sale: How Computerization
Has Made Everyoneâ€™s Private Life an Open Secret. New
York: Simon & Schuster, 1992. Chapter 9, â€śShadow of
Technology.â€ť (ISBN 067173492X)
Schnabolk, Charles. Physical Security: Practices & Technology. Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1983. Eavesdropping & Countermeasures chapter. (ISBN 040995067X)
Security Management magazine articles.
The journal of the American Society for Industrial Security.
Sennewald, Charles A. CPP. Security Consulting - Third Edition. Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2004. Chapter 15, â€śA Successful Security Consulting Business Stands on a Tripod.â€ť (ISBN 0750677945)
Shannon, M. L. The Phone Book: The Latest High-Tech Techniques and Equipment for Preventing Electronic Eavesdropping, Recording Phone Calls, Ending Harassing Calls, and Stopping Toll Fraud. Boulder, CO: Paladin Press, 1998. Sidebars and illustrations. (ISBN 0873649729)
Shannon, M. L. The Bug Book: Wireless Microphones & Surveillance Transmitters. Boulder, CO: Paladin Press, 2000. (ISBN 1581600658)
Swift, Theodore N. Wiretap Detection Techniques: A Guide To Checking Telephone Lines For Wiretaps. Austin, TX: Thomas Investigative Publications, Inc., 2005. (ISBN 0918487056)
Walsh, Timothy J., and Richard J. Healy. The Protection of Assets Manual.15 Aberdeen, WA: Silver Lake, 1987. Section 15, â€śElectronic Eavesdropping Detection.â€ť (ISBN 0930868048)
Periodicals: The Legal Investigator, PI Journal (cover story), Full Disclosure, World Association of Detectives News... and many more.
You can find more by Kevin D. Murray on Google+