Spy News from New York
Kevin's Security Scrapbook
For federal procurement purposes, U.S. Government regulations classify Murray Associates Counterespionage as a Small Business, Professional Consulting Firm.
Eavesdropping Detection and Counterespionage Consulting enquiries are invited from corporate, government and professional security entities.
• National Security Agency (NSA ARC)
• DoD - CCR
• Exostar SourcePass
• Jones Lang LaSalle
Spybusters, LLC dba
PO Box 668
Oldwick, NJ 08858 (USA)
Copyright 1996-2014, Spybusters, LLC (140209)
(Almost) All You Need to Know About...
Encryption and scrambling are security techniques which make your electronic communications unintelligible to the uninvited. Several levels of protection are offered. With the exception of low-level speech inversion, most levels are acceptable for business purposes. Encryption is available for telephones, facsimile machines, computers, and video transmissions.
Another protection technique - the fax mailbox - stores incoming transmissions in a password-protected memory. Faxes don't print out until you enter a secret code. Great for faxes received at night or on weekends.
Is encryption absolute protection?
No. Encrypted transmissions can be decoded given enough time, effort and desire. Be sure the product you purchase matches your needs.
"What else I should know?"
• Purchase privacy products which protect information just long enough. This may mean years to someone transmitting company formulae, weeks for merger discussions, or minutes when making a stock trade.
• All levels of protection are offered, and are priced accordingly.
• The product is usually needed at each end of the communications link.
• Not all privacy products are compatible with one another. Check.
• Communications privacy products will not protect you against room eavesdropping devices, or devices built into the phones, fax machines or computers being used. Inspections for eavesdropping devices must still be conducted.
• Other espionage methods still exist. Do not be lulled into a false sense of security. These products are only a powerful supplement to your regular eavesdropping audits and other security measures
Encryption Products Search:
Hint: Prevent costly mistakes by hiring an independent technical security consultant before investing in encryption equipment.
Limited permission to reprint and distribute this briefing is available.