• Sensitive areas.
• Adjacent areas, if sounds from sensitive areas can be heard there too.
• All communications equipment within both types of areas.
(phones, speakerphones, video teleconferencing, faxes, modems, LANs, etc.)
• Communications equipment used for sensitive matters but located elsewhere.
• Other equipment which handles sensitive printed materials.
(photocopiers, scanners, A/V equipment, etc.)
• Telephone rooms, wire closets, and junction boxes.
• Transportation vehicles. (cars, planes, boats)
• Off-site meeting locations.
• Corporate apartments or suites.
• Executives' home offices.
• Other items or areas unique to your business or agency.
• In a sensitive area, both the room and all communications equipment must be inspected.
• In an adjacent area, both the area and all communications equipment should be inspected.
• Upon rare occasion, communications items can be inspected without inspecting the areas. The reverse is never true.